Get a Quick Motel Insurance Quote
The Motel Insurance is generally intended for newer moderately priced franchised business class motel properties, which offer limited services and facilities. This program is not intended for the larger convention oriented risks with a bar, tavern, or restaurant exposure in the same building.
Key Underwriting Guidelines:
- Motels should be affiliated with a national or regional franchise operations. Risks not associated with a national or regional franchise operation may be considered – please discuss with your underwriter.
- The motel must be in business under current ownership for a minimum of 3 years.
- The motel must be open for year-round occupancy and maintain an occupancy rate of at least 60%.
- The motel bust be catering to guests needing overnight accommodations for a day or more.
- Buildings must be 6 stories or less. Buildings 3 or more stories must be 100% sprinklered with a minimum 65 point ISO grading and proper alternative means of egress.
- No rentals by the month or longer, bars, taverns, live entertainment, restaurants attached to the motel, or playgrounds.
- Swimming pools, spas, hot tubs and fitness facilities are allowed if there is a daily written maintenance program or record, an no diving boards or slides on the pool.
- Properties should be in protection classes 1-8.
- Risks that serve a light breakfast or dinner requiring limited cooking are eligible. Kitchenette or other in-room limited cooking facilities are also acceptable.
- Hard wired smoke and heat detectors and alarms must be present in all guest rooms.
- Risks that offer free “Happy Hour” drinks for their guests (only) are eligible, only if a motel employee dispenses the drinks.